Theory and Practical of Bitumen Laboratory Testing
- Acceptance test for 60/70 & 80/100 Bitumen
- Acceptance test for bitumen emulsions
- Acceptance test for cut back bitumen
- Asphalt concrete mix designs
- Determination of Marshall test properties
Theory and Practical for Soil Laboratory Testing
- Proctor Compaction Test (Standard/Modified)
- California Bearing Ratio Test
- Liquid Limit and Plastic Limit Test
- Sieve Analysis Test for Soil
- Field Investigation for Pavement Design including Field Density, Dynamic Cone Penetration and Hand Auguring Test
Theory and Practical for Concrete Laboratory Testing
- Acceptance test for Aggregates
- Concrete cube casting and Testing
- Concrete cores capping and Testing
- Steel Testing
Also, Short courses on Road construction materials, Geotechnical Investigations, Pavement designs, etc., are arranged with the Resource Personnel.
Procedure for Requesting Training – An official request letter has to be sent to Director Research and Development Road development Authority, Borupana Road Ratmalana. The letter should include the number of participants, their occupation, the required training, and the dates. The R&D Division will prepare and send an Invoice for the charges of the training program and the time schedule. Once the payment has been made by the client the program will be conducted on scheduled dates.
Training for the internal staff has to be made through the Director Training of Road Development Authority.